Voice and Speech Training
Enhancing Your Voice, Because You Have a Lot to Say.
Why Choose Us
The Sound Center unlocks the vocal power of executives, professionals, and performers by improving projection, speech articulation, and fluency. To increase conversational ease, we also redesign foreign and regional accents and increase competence and flexibility with business English.
20+ years Experience
The Sound Center has been serving clients since 1997. We understand that each client is unique and we know how to customize training to achieve the best result.
Sessions can be scheduled at your convenience. Appointments are available during business hours, evenings, and on Saturdays.
Training That Works
Training can take place at our office in Oak Brook or your work place. We also offer web based live sessions.
Who We Can Help
- People with an important interview, meeting or performance wanting to sharpen their skills or tune up their voice.
- People with Parkinson’s Disease
- People struggling with vocal fatigue, hoarseness, vocal instability, or lack of endurance
- Singers who find their voices don’t work well anymore
- Newly promoted individuals with greater demands on their communication skills
- Anyone who knows they have a lot to say, but they feel ignored or embarrassed by their voice, they would like to experience greater communicative ease, or they want to explore their voice, presentation, or speaking style
Events & News
Signs of Swallowing ProblemsIn the video below, Ann talks about signs of swallowing problems, especially in Parkinson’s Disease. This is the third video Ann has created to help you understand speech and swallowing problems in Parkinson’s Disease. In the first video, Ann talks about speech changes in Parkinson’s and how using intent helps. To watch video 1, click […]
How to Protect Your Swallowing in Parkinson’s DiseaseIn this video, Ann shares three ways people with Parkinson’s Disease can improve and maintain their swallowing function. The third tip is the simplest and the most surprising! At The Sound Center, we see many people with Parkinson’s Disease. Click here to learn about the speech treatments we provide to help people with PD. We […]
I am experiencing lasting benefit from the presentation skills training I took from you. I am [now] consciously aware of my breathing. I tend to have a lot to say in a short amount of time and I periodically have to make myself slow down and breathe to regroup.Maggie StrevellPresident, Naper Solutions