It’s World Voice Day! The theme this year is “Focus on Your Voice” and in the midst of the quarantine, you may find that you are using your voice more than usual on video conference meetings and phone calls. How is it holding up? Here are a few ideas to help you get your voice ready before your next meeting:
- Stay hydrated and have water nearby
- Warm up your voice.
- Move! Stretch and exercise to get your blood flowing and breath moving.
- Sit tall. Arrange your environment so you don’t have to slump to see your computer screen.
- Schedule vocal breaks
If you would like a more in-depth explanation of the above tips, including vocal warm-up ideas, contact us to request your copy of Top 5 Ways to Prepare for a Videoconference.
Many organizations are marking World Voice Day in amazing and creative ways. Check out these resources:
- University of Miami Department of Otolaryngology Voice Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEVfKN_I7g
- The National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association: https://dysphonia.org/world-voice-day/
- Duke Voice Care Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXz5-ULnTI
- Robin T. Cotton and Rocco Dal Vera Professional Voice, Swallowing and Airway Center with the Cincinnati Opera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEVfKN_I7g
- And over 100 events worldwide: http://www.world-voice-day.org/